With the latest Nissan intelligent key technology, the driver behind the vehicle can easily lock and unlock the doors of their Nissan vehicle by pushing just a simple button. This intelligent key is not only helpful for this but can easily open and close a trunk without turning the ignition on.
The ease of operation due to Nissan intelligent key is par excellence. But what if the key stops working all of a sudden? What would you do next? Fear not; we are here with answers.
Using emergency backup key
It is relatively an easy process. However, there may be touching of sensitive parts, so it is advised to wear protective gloves in order to avoid damage.
Here’s what to do
- Flip over Nissan key fob to the rear side
- Open the slider to unlock the emergency key
- Remove emergency key
- Unlock the door just like usual
- If the car you are using has a port, then place the fob in it and tap the brake or clutch as you press the start or stop button.
- If the port is not there, then step on the break as you press the start-stop key
This is how you use the backup key; let us now have a look at changing the battery
Changing Nissan Key Fob Battery
The procedure is not difficult to understand. You can easily do it with the help of household items. Let’s change the battery in four simple steps
- Remove the emergency key
- Locate the open notch
- Once you find it, insert a flat head in it
- Turn it anticlockwise until the fob halves separate from each other
- Look out for the dead battery
- With the help of the same screwdriver, take out the battery
- Replace it with a new one
- Make sure to insert the + side downwards
- Line the halves together again
- Fix everything together, so they go in the right place
- Place the emergency key into the slot
- Move the slider back to safeguard the emergency key
We know that this much information seems a little too much. E would advise you to get a professional’s help.
How to change the battery in a Nissan key fob? Video Tutorial
Check Out Best Products on Amazon